By navigating through two or more pages on calumchilds.com, or by placing an order on shop.calumchilds.com, you agree to this policy, which describes who collects your data, where it goes and why.
When you visit the site, we will log your IP address. This also happens when you make a comment on our blog, only it is tied with your name and email. This is so we can ban those who misuse the comments function to violate the Terms and Conditions.
The analytics software collects the pages you visited, how you found this site (search, direct entry etc.), where you're visiting us from (this is determined by the language option you set for your browser), how long you spent on each page, device information (operating system, model etc.) and any search queries you carried out using our site search engine.
You can opt-out from Matomo without having to install any plugins or whatnot on your browser. Just follow the instructions in the box below:
(If you're on a mobile device or you can't click the checkbox for whatever reason, click the button below to take you to the opt-out page.) Just a heads-up, this page will reload when you click the checkbox.Matomo Opt-Out Page
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
This website isn't aimed at children under 13 and we don't knowingly collect any personal information from under 13s. If we are made aware of any personal information from minors, we'll delete it.
For some of our services, we may collect some of your personal information (name, email etc.) We will never display your email address, but we may display your name (as part of a comment.) Unless it says you have to use your real name, you can use a made-up name, providing it's clean and not offensive (eg. Wingo5315.)
We may also collect your personal information so we can fufill an order, such as your name and address.
Sharing your personal information
We will never sell your information to third parties. However, we may share your information with third-parties for the following purposes:
- To prevent spam: To do this, we may share your name, email address and comment with Akismet Spam Protection.
- To process an order: If you give us a product order, we will share data with third-parties so we can process that order and make sure it gets to you. A list of these third parties are below:
- Stripe: We use Stripe to process your payment details so we can start the process of getting your order to you as quickly as possible.
- WooCommerce: We use WooCommerce so you can place your order easily on our website. All of the order data is stored on our own servers, but we may have to share it with Automattic (the company that runs WooCommerce) so we can easily process orders.
- Royal Mail: So we can make sure the order gets to you in one piece, we may share your name and address with the Royal Mail.
- When required by law: If a valid warrant is presented to us by a government requesting personal information that we hold, then we will hand that personal information over if we are confident it will be used for legitimate purposes (such as solving a serious crime.)
How do you keep my data safe?
To keep your data safe, we do the following:
- All personal data is encrypted before it is sent to us. That means no-one can intercept it.
- We regularly update software for the latest security patches.
How long will you keep my personal data for?
If you've given your email to us for something such as a newsletter or signing up for an account, we will keep this data until you ask us to delete it. If you haven't created an account but placed an order on Calum Childs Shop, we will delete the personal data 12 months after the order has been dispatched.
You can ask us to:
- Send you a copy of all the data we have on you. Simply contact us using the email address below with your name and email address and we'll gather all the data up and send it to you. Please remember that you may receive an email from another email address asking you to confirm this request.
- Delete all the data we have on you. Again, simply contact us with your name and email address and we'll delete your data within 30 days. We'll let you know when this is done - please note this will also delete any comments you have made on any blog posts etc, unless you ask us to keep those in the deletion email, in which case we'll change the name to "Anonymous".
You can ask us to do the following regardless of what country you live in. The email address you need to contact is firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Please (send/delete) my data" with your name and email address in the message.
What will happen in the event of a data breach?
In the extremely rare event of a data breach, we will notify all customers by email or post within 72 hours of us being made aware of the data breach. This procedure will be followed regardless of whether you live inside the EU or not.
DNT (Do Not Track)
Matomo Analytics respects DNT requests and does not record data whenever your browser sends a DNT request.
Last updated 9th April 2021
9th April 2021: Added section on how we give data to third-parties to process an order, added references to placing orders.
12th December 2020: Added changelog section, added further explanation why we collect IP addresses, added why we share data with third-parties in more detail.